With more than 25 years in the music business, Holger is experienced in most areas of the industry, including the legal side.
Frequently asked questions are:
· What are the legalities when making a cover version?
· How do you sample from a commercial song?
· How do you split performance/mechanical/neighboring rights?
· How do you get signed to a major label and is it worth it?
· What is the best aggregator for your music?
More technical questions include:
· What are the contractual pitfalls when entering a record or publishing deal?
· What is a flat fee or work-for-hire agreement?
· How do you find your BATNA in a negotiation?
· How do you put a price on your work or set your hourly rate?
· How do you develop and expand your business?